Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and Wadowice – home town of Pope John Paul II
See the place where John Paul II grew up, taste a delicious papal cream cake, and visit the famous monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
About this activity
Instant confirmation after booking
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour
Private Option Available
- The itinerary includes a stay in Wadowice and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- During the tour you will visit the home of Pope John Paul II and the monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- The duration of the tour is around six hours.
- Learn about the history of the Polish Pope – see where John Paul II grew up!
- Spend a day at one of Poland's most important places of worship – see the famous Stations of the Cross in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- A Polish- and English-speaking driver will collect you from your hotel – private transport is provided.
Karol Wojtyła, known as Pope John Paul II, is one of the most important people in the history of the modern world. He was born in Wadowice – a charming Polish town. Visit the family home of the later pope and discover the story of the shy boy who became the head of the Vatican.
During the tour you will also visit the monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska. This beautifully located late Baroque building and its unique surroundings were designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Site in 1999.
Tasting the famous "papal" cream cakes is a must on the tour!
A trip to Wadowice is a special attraction not only for those who love Pope John Paul II, but also for those wishing to see the sacred architecture and learn about the important part of Polish history that was the pontificate of John Paul II.
- Pickup from your hotel
- Polish and English speaking driver
- Visit to the house of Pauline John Paul II
- A visit to the Sanctuary in Kalrwaria Zebrzydowska
What to bring
The place you are visiting is a place of religious worship – adjust your attire.
Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and Wadowice – home town of Pope John Paul II - You may be also interested in:View all tours "You may be also interested in"
Take a trip to Zakopane from Krakow and embark on a memorable journey to Poland's winter capital, nestled at the gates of Tatra National Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Polish Tatra Mountains from Gubalowka Mountain, spend your free time exploring the city of Zakopane, and choose the option to relax in Chochołowskie Termy's thermal pools - a gem of the south part of Poland - to experience the beautiful vistas and healing properties of the thermal waters
The latest news from the regionView all news
Come to the 19th Borderland Cultures Fair in Krakow, where tradition meets modernity. Explore the diversity of crafts and folk culture. Join us!
Travel through time to Fields of Glory 2023 near Krakow. Discover the "second Wawel" in Niepołomice and meet history enthusiasts from around the world.
Krakow and Malopolska host Europe's finest athletes for the III European Games.
European Games Krakow - Małopolska 2023 promise unforgettable sports moments and unique experiences in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe
Discover Zakrzówek, a unique outdoor complex with floating pools, fitness trails, and free access, located just 3 km from Krakow's center