Head to the Ojców National Park, visit a medieval castle and spend a day in nature.
Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and Wadowice – home town of Pope John Paul II
See the place where John Paul II grew up, taste a delicious papal cream cake, and visit the famous monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
About this activity
Instant confirmation after booking
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour
Private Option Available
- The itinerary includes a stay in Wadowice and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- During the tour you will visit the home of Pope John Paul II and the monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- The duration of the tour is around six hours.
- Learn about the history of the Polish Pope – see where John Paul II grew up!
- Spend a day at one of Poland's most important places of worship – see the famous Stations of the Cross in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
- A Polish- and English-speaking driver will collect you from your hotel – private transport is provided.
Karol Wojtyła, known as Pope John Paul II, is one of the most important people in the history of the modern world. He was born in Wadowice – a charming Polish town. Visit the family home of the later pope and discover the story of the shy boy who became the head of the Vatican.
During the tour you will also visit the monastery in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska. This beautifully located late Baroque building and its unique surroundings were designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Site in 1999.
Tasting the famous "papal" cream cakes is a must on the tour!
A trip to Wadowice is a special attraction not only for those who love Pope John Paul II, but also for those wishing to see the sacred architecture and learn about the important part of Polish history that was the pontificate of John Paul II.
- Pickup from your hotel
- Polish and English speaking driver
- Visit to the house of Pauline John Paul II
- A visit to the Sanctuary in Kalrwaria Zebrzydowska
What to bring
The place you are visiting is a place of religious worship – adjust your attire.
You may be also interested in:View all tours "You may be also interested in"
Czestochowa (Black Madonna) private tour from Krakow
See the famous painting of Our Lady of Częstochowa (Black Madonna of Częstochowa), experience the mystical aura of one of Poland's holiest places and learn about the history of the Baroque monastery in Częstochowa.
Take a relaxing wooden rafting tour down the Dunajec River and enjoy the charming landscapes of the Pieniny National Park.
Zakopane & Zakopane with Thermal Pools: Tour from Krakow
Visit the most beautifully located city in Poland! Admire picturesque views, try regional dishes, and get to know the local culture. Are you in Krakow and want to visit the Tatra Mountains? A trip to Zakopane is a great way for a short mountain getaway. During your trip, do not miss the opportunity to visit Chochołowskie Termy. Relax in warm, healing waters that come from natural geothermal sources. Chochołowskie Termy is the perfect place to relax after an intense day of sightseeing or hiking in the mountains. The complex also includes saunas, jacuzzis, and restaurants that will make you feel rested and rejuvenated before returning to Krakow.