Take a guided tour of the most important historical place in Poland and in the world. Auschwitz was a witness to disturbing events that left their mark on the history of mankind. Embark on a poignant journey from Krakow to Auschwitz-Birkenau, exploring the harrowing history of Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau with a knowledgeable local guide, and make the most of your stay in Krakow with a well-organized day trip.
Auschwitz and Wieliczka in one day
Combine the two most popular tours and visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mines on one amazing tour
About this activity
Instant confirmation after booking
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour
Private Option Available
Live tour guide
Departure from the center of Krakow, Guided tours of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum. Transfer to Wieliczka, A guided visit to the Wieliczka Salt Mine 135 m underground. Return to the meeting point
- No rush during the tour, break for your lunch,
- The price of the trip includes travel from the collection point in the center of Kraków, driver / pilot care, and licensed guides in each visited facility, i.e., Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II-Birkenau, Wieliczka Salt Mine and entrance tickets.
When visiting Kraków, it is also worth visiting two of the most popular places around the city, Auschwitz and Wieliczka. We offer a well-organized, one-day trip to both places. It is an excellent sightseeing option for people who do not want or cannot spread the tour over several days.
By choosing two combined tours in one day, you do not give up on full-fledged sightseeing. Sufficient time is planned for each site so that you have no rush time to explore them. There will also be time for a short rest and eating your lunch.
A licensed guide will show you around the Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau Memorial Site that is poignant and remembers the darkest scenarios. You will hear about the history of the prisoners and see what their everyday life was like, which was like a nightmare that is hard to imagine today.
Then you will be transported to the astonishing Salt Mine in Wieliczka, where with a guide 135 meters underground you will discover magical caves, lakes, chapels and salt sculptures, while breathing in flawlessly clean and healthy air.
Auschwitz and Wieliczka in one day is a professionally organized and heart-touching trip, in which the dramatic history is intertwined with the beauty of the underground salt corridors. In one day, you can experience the horror and beauty that was created by man. You may feel difficult emotions such as sadness, but it will be soothed by delight and admiration for natural beauty.
- Sightseeing with a licensed guide
Not suitable for
In the vehicle
- Smoking (also e-cigarettes and tobacco heaters)
- Consuming alcohol
- Eating meals (planned meal break)
- Behavior that may endanger the safety of the trip (unjustified movement on the bus board, etc.)
In visited facilities
What to bring
- ID card or passport
- Food and drinks
- Comfortable shoes
- Clothing suitable for visiting the Salt Mine (14-16 degrees Cersius)
Know before you go
- It is necessary to complete the reservation with correct data. If the name and surname given in the booking is not the same as the name and surname on the ID card, it is possible to refuse admission to the museum
- Please provide us with correct contact details, otherwise we will not be able to contact you in the event of organizational changes
- The time of departure may change. The departure time will be confirmed the day before the tour
- The facilities are not fully adapted for people with mobility impairments (no ramps for wheelchairs in Auschwitz, 800 steps in Wieliczka)
- Visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau is not recommended for people under the age of 13
- Regular tour available in English only, for other languages private options.
Auschwitz and Wieliczka in one day - You may be also interested in:View all tours "You may be also interested in"
Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and collect your tickets without queuing. The offer includes a tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum with a licenced museum guide without having to wait in a queue at the ticket office or worry about ticket availability.
The latest news related to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum and the Wieliczka Salt MineView all news
Marking the 80th anniversary of the Bialystok ghetto uprising, the USA allocates $1 million for a virtual tour of Auschwitz Memorial.
Don't miss the opportunity to discover Wieliczka's rich history and culture during the European Heritage Days 2023 — attractions for everyone!
The KL Plaszow Museum organized the "Memory/Zachor" event to commemorate the victims and prisoners of the Nazi concentration camp Plaszow.
The 79th anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising was commemorated at the State Museum and Memorial Site, honoring the nearly 13,000 residents of Warsaw deported to Auschwitz by the Nazis.
The 79th anniversary of the liquidation of the Romani camp in Auschwitz was commemorated at the State Museum and Memorial Site on August 2nd.
Construction begins at the site of the former Plaszow camp, marking the first phase in the construction of the KL Plaszow Museum.
"Auschwitz - Accessible Memory" is a project to facilitate touring for the deaf.
The Flame of Peace of the European Games 2023 is housed 125m underground at the 'Wieliczka' Salt Mine, alongside unveiling of the Games' medals
The Auschwitz Museum is inaugurating a new Visitor Services Center on June 15th, 2023. This center, set in historically significant buildings, offers a fully accessible infrastructure and modern amenities.