Where the 2023 European Games will be held
The organizers of the 2020 European Games are the Małopolska Voivodship and the city of Krakow. Sports competitions are also to be held in Chorzów (athletics) and Wrocław (shooting). In Małopolska, space for sports competition is planned in Kraków, Krynica-Zdrój, Tarnów and Zakopane.
The European Games in Krakow date
The games will be held in Krakow from June 21 to July 2, 2023 (if the situation related to the war in Ukraine changes, otherwise the European Games may be postponed).
The 2023 Games - investments in Krakow
33 months after Małopolska was granted the organization of the event and less than 15 months before its start, an agreement was signed providing financing for 16 investments that are to be built in Krakow before the upcoming European Games. What will the funds be allocated to?
- Extension of Igołomska Street
- Extension of avenue 29 Listopada
- Extension of Łokietka Street (from Kaczorówka Street to Na Zielonki Street)
- Modernization of tram tracks
- Reconstruction of Fatimska Street
- Reconstruction of Królowej Jadwigi street
- Reconstruction of Czerwone Maki street with the construction of a pavement from Lubostroń street to the intersection with Bobrzyńskiego / Bunscha street
- Reconstruction of Glinik Street
- Reconstruction of Forteczna Street
- Building a communication system for the service of the University Hospital
- Construction of a pedestrian and bicycle bridge connecting Grzegórzki with Zabłocie
- Extension of Rogozińskiego streets and Peace Avenue
- Extension of Wazewskiego Street (stage I along with the extension of Zakarczmie Street)
- Road and pavement modernization program
- Program for the construction of bicycle paths
The total cost of preparations for the 3rd European Games will be PLN 960 million. The cost of organization - PLN 400 million - will be covered by the government (PLN 200 million), Voivodeship and city (PLN 100 million each).
Plan your visitView all tours "Plan your visit"
Book tickets in advance for Schindler's Factory - one of best museums in Krakow, to enjoy the convenience of skip-the-line entry. This allows for a hassle-free touring experience, avoiding the possibility of sold-out tickets and long wait times for entry. Plan your visiti in Oskar Schindler's factory today!
Visit the Schindler's Factory Museum with a professional guide and learn about Krakow's history under Nazi occupation. This tour provides not only insights into the story made famous by the movie Schindler's List but also offers a wider perspective on Krakow during the 1939-1945 occupation, life in the ghetto, and the Holocaust, enriched by the guide's commentary. Experience installations depicting the various emotions, evoking a deep understanding of this period.
A day full of adrenaline at the shooting range in Krakow! We offer three exciting weapon and ammunition packages to choose from. Under the guidance of an experienced instructor, you'll have the opportunity to feel the thrill of shooting. Choose your package and immerse yourself in an unforgettable shooting adventure!
Take a trip to Zakopane from Krakow and embark on a memorable journey to Poland's winter capital, nestled at the gates of Tatra National Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Polish Tatra Mountains from Gubalowka Mountain, spend your free time exploring the city of Zakopane, and choose the option to relax in Chochołowskie Termy's thermal pools - a gem of the south part of Poland - to experience the beautiful vistas and healing properties of the thermal waters